Friday, April 25, 2008

Thursday's Outside Fun

Yes, I know it's Friday! However we had terrible storms Wednesday night and our power was out, or rather it was "rolling blackout". The power would not stay on longer then 5 minutes at a time and the network was down in any case. GRRRR

The day itself was pretty however! So Renna and I took Mike on an out door adventure in our backyard, where it is safe. It is not very pretty. But, I have told momma I want a nice garden back here. This is what I am kinda thinking about. Mike liked it, what do you think? Any suggestions for good kitty/puppy plants and/or no-no's?

Renna was a very good girl and chewed and her rope toy and NOT Mike! She has a great love for fluffy head, but usually they are in her mouth. :)
After a long play out in the yard Mike joined me on my porch throne for some relaxation and a bit of kibble!

Check out Fashion Friday later today with Me, Mike and Renna!!!...

12 comments:

Daisy said...

I think your garden is beautiful! I love the little blue flowers growing among the rocks.

The Furry Kids said...

It sure looks like you're showing Mike a great time! We don't have any ideas on good plants for a garden. Momma does not have a green thumb. At all.

Love,
Tazo

PB 'n J said...

The garden looks wonderful, and we heartily suggest catnip or cat mint - they are both lots of fun! Also be careful of any type of lily, the can be poisonous to kitties and woofies (Mommy is still trying to dig up all the day lilies in our yard!).

Have a wonderful weekend with Mike my sweet!

Purrs,
Jake

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Enjoy the weekend!

LZ said...

I don't do Out of Doors so I don't know about plants. Chase however will eat ANYTHING put in front of him made of plant materials. He also hides and shakes during thunderstorms. Hehehe!!! He's going to be so mad I told Empress!!

Kaze

Unknown said...

I think you have a very nice garden.

It looks like you are all having fun with Mike, he is a good houseguest isn't he!

Gretchen said...

What a lovely back yard that is going to be. You have good ideas.

My mom bean understands about your storms. She's from San Angelo, mostly. She has cousins in and around Dallas and an Aunt in San Angelo who she was talking to on Wednesday night and learned about you expecting big storms.

I'm so glad Mike is behaving himself. He looks like he's having a good time. And I really love our halter and leash, Queen Snickers. It is very becoming for outdoor wear.

Hugs...G

Sunny's Mommy said...

I like your idea for a pretty garden. It looks good! Sorry, I have no suggestions, as I have a black thumb and know little about plants.

I can tell all of you had a wonderful time outside, and then kibbles and relaxing on the porch! What a wonderful day :-) It's good that Renna did not chew on Mike, as he's your visitor and that would very, very bad manners.

Lux said...

Looks like y'all had a great day outside!

The Cat Realm said...

We like the garden! get your humans to work, hahahahahah!

Parker said...

Just plant catnip, that's all, just catnip!

Poppy Q said...

My mum says that if you go to a garden centre the folks there will know what is good for puppies and kittens in the garden. I have lots of bushes and ferns, I like them cause I can hide in them, and get some shade and stalk the moths and bugs that sit in the plants.

Looks like you are all having fun, and I loved the Friday fashion.